One of the most celebrated days in the world, is Boss's Day! So, if you have a superior that you admire or someone whose good books you want to get into, then it is suggested that you be the bearer of gifts this day. You are probably faced with a dilemma about the amount you must spend (considering you can never get paid enough!), but that need be the least of your worries. The more problematic area is how the boss reacts to gifts! There are several supervisors who feel insulted by the idea of receiving presents from their juniors. First and foremost, find out if it's alright to celebrate. Next step, assuming your boss loves surprises, you have two options: one, to buy him/her something just from you or the second option is to pool in some cash with your colleagues and buy your boss a big gift. If either of these is out of your budget, why not suggest a handmade one? This is a wonderful, customized and personal endeavor that truly makes the thought count. Come on, your boss deserves this appreciation. Thinking of some ideas for a hand-crafted gift might not be easy, so we have the next section written especially for you!
Homemade Boss Day Gifts
Check out ideas for preparing some handmade/homemade gifts for your boss, to show your appreciation on Boss Day.
Handmade Boss Day Gifts
- Stearic Acid
- Paraffin Wax
- Fragrance Oil
- Measure the acid-wax in a ratio of 1:20 and heat over a double boiler.
- Add a few shavings of the solid dye and wait until it dissolves.
- After this, put in a few drops of any fragrance oil of your choice depending on the intensity of the smell you desire.
- The liquid must be at 800 C before you turn down the heat.
- Take a glass and place a wick in the centre. Make it stand by pouring a small amount of paraffin wax at the base. Attach a stick to straighten it. Let it set.
- Slowly, add the remaining mixture into the glass with the wick. Prick holes in this to prevent air pockets. You will see the wax sinking, at this point add some more.
- Keep this aside until it fully sets.
- Your candle is ready to be given to your boss! Light it up in his cabin for that pleasing effect.
Easy Microwave Chocolate Cake
- 8 oz. All Purpose Flour
- 8 oz. Castor Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 4 oz. Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 5ml Vanilla Essence
- Mix the flour and baking powder and sieve until it becomes fine. Do the same with cocoa powder in the same mixture.
- Whisk the eggs till fluffy and keep aside. Beat the sugar and butter and add the eggs slowly into it. Continue beating after adding a small amount of vanilla essence.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder mixture to the above and fold into an 8 pattern with a spatula.
- Grease a buttered baking pan and pour this mixture evenly into it.
- Microwave at 100% for about 3 minutes and check if fully cooked. Insert a knife and it should come out clean.
- Alter the temperature to 2200 C and leave the cake for about 2 minutes until it browns.
- Let it cool! Sprinkle powdered sugar if needed.
- Voila! Cake is ready for your boss!
- Square Piece of Glass
- Glass Paint
- Traced design of any image
- Aluminum Foil
- Talcum Powder
- Place the traced design below the glass and secure firmly.
- Mix equal quantities of both doughs of M-seal (black and white) until you get a waxy finish.
- Roll the dough with the help of talcum powder and make it into thin strings. Stick this over the outline on the glass and allow it to dry.
- Choose you colours wisely as this paint dries off quickly. Test it before you start painting. Wipe off with thinner.
- Make sure that you've blended the colours well and let it dry.
- Remove the trace and place an aluminum foil behind the picture.
- Frame it and gift it!
These are some ideas that might inspire you to make more handmade gifts for your boss in the future! Don't forget to wish him/her a Happy Boss's Day!