On the 16th October of each year, there are millions of employees all over the world who celebrate boss's day and make it a special occasion for their chieftains. It is a day when you show gratitude and respect to your boss in various ways. One of these ways is to present them with creative and unique gifts. If you want to stand out of the crowd or generally are tired of the same old boring greeting cards and flower bouquets then, we have a suggestion for you. The admiration and the appreciation that you feel for your boss can be better expressed if you make him/her a handmade gift. It is easy to go out to the market and pick up something costly and stylish, but the value of a handmade gift transcends its price and the gesture remains etched in a person's memory forever. The patience, time and effort that go into making a gift at home, are valued immensely and the thought that you want to deliver to your boss reaches faster and clearer. Handmade crafts may include photo frames, pen stands, perfumes, note holders, coasters, etc. These goodies do not take more than a few hours to make and are as inexpensive as they are simple. So, the next time you have to gift your boss something for boss's day, keep in mind that it is best to make a personalised, creative and exclusive gift to honour your boss. Read the following section to learn how to make a seaside lamp and a beer candle as they make for great gift items.
Easy Boss Day Craft Ideas
Explore with us, some ideas regarding for simple and easy crafts to give as Boss Day gifts.
Easy Boss Day Crafts
- Light bulb
- Lamp shade
- Different types of Sea Shells
- Canning Jar Lamp Kit
- First of all, fill the jar half with sand, then add a few fancy seashells, a small piece of driftwood and a miniature boat.
- Add anything to the jar like fake crabs, fish, miniature coconut trees, etc. Here the idea is to give a sea-side effect to the jar.
- Fix the lamp shade on top of the filled jar and fix the lamp kit.
- In a Canning Jar Lamp Kit, the wire exits from the socket, so there is no need to drill a hole in a jar. This means that your lamp shade is ready for gift wrapping.
- Don't forget to check the lamp's functioning before you gift it to your boss.
- Thick Glass (Beer Mug or Soda Glass)
- Hot Glue (optional)
- Candle Dye
- Paraffin Wax
- Candle Wick
- First of all, cut a piece of candle wick, about three inches longer than the depth of the glass beer mug.
- Stick the bottom of the wick in place, with a small amount of hot glue.
- Take paraffin wax and cut it into chunks and place the chunks in a double boiler.
- Bring the water in the lower pot to a boil and then lower the heat to simmering.
- When the wax is completely melted, remove from heat.
- To the melted wax, add candle dye to give it the colour of beer. A combination of brown and yellow should work, but remember that hot wax may be slightly darker than the wax that has set. So, add the dye accordingly.
- Beat the warm wax to froth, with a wire whisk or a fork.
- Pour wax into the beer glass, using the fork to spread foam over the top of the "beer" wax! Don't forget to let a little seep down the side.
- Make sure that the wick is placed in the centre and allow wax to cool.
- Your mug of waxy beer is ready. Adorn your gift with a personalised message (preferable funny) and wrap it up for boss's day.
Keeping your boss's likes and dislikes in mind while making a gift item for him/her is very important. The other thing to keep in mind is the gender of your boss. For example, while a seaside lamp is a good gift for a female boss, the beer candle can be excellent for a male boss. However, it could be the other way round also depending upon your boss's personality. Use your creativity and let your imagination soar while making these gift items as only you would know your boss the best.